So we can represent business data as virtual objects, give them color, position, size, volume, brightness etc.. and watch them in a virtual world. Nice.
Nice, but no more than our baby steps into the technology. What's next? This is what I'm working on at the moment:
- The basics of user interaction: selecting objects and indicating their dimensional attributes.
- The basics of joined analytics: instead of one guy analyzing or interacting with data, we want multiple ones, or we want one guy presenting to an audience.
- Time-Dependent representation: the inclusion of time-dependency so that we can allow our objects to change shape or position over time. The more dimensions, the merrier!
- OData integration: a friendlier way to interact with an OData service so we can address it as an object rather than as flat data.
- OData representation: a representation of an OData service so we can have VR users query it visually.
- Pull & Push: while we already have the ability to pull data into our virtual world, we want to have the ability to push data in there as well. This would be very useful for business applications as we could build applications that allow virtual reaction to real-life events.
Depending on time, energy, the freaking renovations of the house, my beautiful wife and kids and my passion for quiet reading and joyful beverages, it might take a while to get the follow-up posted!